Position Number: H23-002
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Finance and Operations
Location: Bloomington, IN; Indianapolis, IN; Odon, IN
Job description and what you’ll do:
We’re looking for a Controller to help take our accounting systems to the next level. As ARI grows, our organization is becoming more operationally complex and we need a financial guru to learn our current processes, then optimize them to ensure we continue to have a stable accounting infrastructure to support our current and future needs. And as a highly-motivated Controller, we understand that you’re future-focused, so we’re flexible based on your interests. Let’s talk!
Who you are/what you have:
- You enjoy working in a small or start-up environment… where you have to be a generalist and understand many aspects of the business and understand how our business relates to our current and future financial health.
- You have experience working in a Government contracting environment and know how to financially administer government contracts and agreements (non-FAR agreements particularly).
- You can manage the entire accounting life-cycle.
- You also enjoy the analytical side of your position… running revenue/cash projections, thinking through various scenarios and communicate impacts to Leadership regularly.
- You like mentoring junior or inexperienced people and help them grow into competent accountants or analysts.
- You like people and are great at communication.
Who we are:
ARI (Applied Research Institute, Inc. d/b/a Indiana Innovation Institute) works with academia, industry, and government to create a hub of national security innovation that helps solve critical defense priorities. ARI connects regional, state and national partners through a variety of means including convening research and business teams to solve emerging technical challenges for the U.S. Department of Defense. Learn more at www.ari-tech.org and follow us on Twitter @IN3indiana and LinkedIn.
Required Qualifications to Apply:
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance or other government agency equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience working in an accounting role in an office environment, experience with the Federal Government or a contractor to the Federal Government
- Experience with administering and utilizing accounting systems, experience with Federal Government Cost Accounting. Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint greatly preferred
- BS degree in accounting, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience; MS or MBA preferred
- CPA preferred
- IN3 rewards successful contributors and delivers a high level of job satisfaction. Additional benefits include:
- A highly competitive salary
- 401k (IN3 provides 5% non-elective Employee Eligible Compensation, as well as providing an elective Safe Harbor match of up to 4% of Employee Contribution)
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage. IN3 pays 90% of plan costs for individuals and 80% for families
- Employer-provided short-term, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 4 weeks PTO to start, 5 weeks after 2 years consecutive employment
- 14 company holidays
E-mail your resume and cover letter to HR@in3indiana.com. Please note position number H23-002 in the subject line of your e-mail. Please direct all questions on the position to Krista Cloutier at HR@in3indiana.com.