Position: Administrative Coordinator
Position Number: H22-005
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Finance and Administration
Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan
Job description and what you’ll do:
The Applied Research Institute, Inc. (d/b/a IN3) is growing and we’re looking for an Administrative Coordinator to help with a number of business and facility management tasks at a new office. This person will report to the Executive VP for Finance and Administration. IN3 is looking for someone who takes initiative, helps where needed and likes to tackle a variety of tasks, since no two days will be the same and your supervisor will not be onsite. Your job will consist of typical administrative roles including supporting regular office operations, screening phone calls and scheduling internal meetings, process administration and data management, calendar management, facilities management, ordering office and technical supplies, keeping front desk/lobby organized and running smoothly etc. This position also provides room for growth. If there is a particular area of interest, for example, human resources, information technology, etc., training is available.
Who you are/what you have:
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges.
- Ability to work in an unstructured, unsupervised environment with multiple concurrent demands on your time.
- Great customer service skills; ability to learn stakeholder needs and anticipate them.
- Knowledge of one or more aspects of business operations (such as, grants/contracts management, facilities management, purchasing, information technology, meeting/event planning, etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of office software products, including (but not limited to): Microsoft Office suite, database software (Smartsheet), communications/information management (Slack, Trello, etc.) and/or accounting systems (Deltek Costpoint)
Who we are:
ARI (Applied Research Institute, Inc. d/b/a Indiana Innovation Institute) works with academia, industry, and government to create a hub of national security innovation that helps solve critical defense priorities. ARI connects regional, state and national partners through a variety of means including convening research and business teams to solve emerging technical challenges for the U.S. Department of Defense. Learn more at www.ari-tech.org and follow us on Twitter @IN3indiana and LinkedIn
Required Qualifications to Apply:
- United States Citizenship
- 3-5 years’ experience working in an office environment, experience with the Federal Government or a contractor to the Federal Government preferred
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance or other government agency equivalent
- AS or BS degree in business administration, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
IN3 rewards successful contributors and delivers a high level of job satisfaction. Additional benefits include:
- A highly competitive salary
- 401k (IN3 provides 5% non-elective Employee Eligible Compensation, as well as providing an elective Safe Harbor match of up to 4% of Employee Contribution)
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage. IN3 pays 90% of plan costs for individuals and 80% for families
- Employer-provided short-term, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 4 weeks PTO to start, 5 weeks after 2 years consecutive employment
- 14 company holidays
E-mail your resume and cover letter to HR@in3indiana.com. Please note position number H22-005 in the subject line of your e-mail. Please direct all questions on the position to Krista Cloutier at HR@in3indiana.com.