Position Number: H23-001
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Finance and Operations
Location: Bloomington, IN; Indianapolis, IN; Odon, IN
Job description and what you’ll do:
We’re looking for an early-career Accountant to administer IN3’s accounting system (Deltek Costpoint) and all of the corresponding processes that go along with it. The ideal candidate has experience as an Accounting Generalist that has touched on all aspects of the Accounting workflow… and likes them all. We’re a start-up and growing… so you have to be open minded. But so are we… we’re very flexible based on your interests. Want to get involved in some IT stuff? Great! Interested in Project Management? We can think about that too. Plus, there’s going to be plenty of room to grow with us… so if you’re a motivated person that is interested in working in a fast-paced environment, this is the job for you.
Who you are/what you have:
- You have at least basic experience and are comfortable with all aspects of the Accounting cycle: entry, billing, analysis, reporting, basic cash management/banking skills, timekeeping. Our PEO takes care of payroll, so you won’t have that on your plate! If you can do all of this in Deltek Costpoint, all the better. But, be ready to tell us about the systems you’ve worked if we get to an interview.
- You have at least some knowledge of government cost accounting and how to appropriately financially administer government agreements of all types.
- You’re very detail oriented and process-focused… a procedure is written and you stick to it. But, you’re wise enough to know when a procedure isn’t working… and make recommednations to fix it.
- You like people and are great at communicating.
- You’re an Excel wizard and like the data analytics side of the business.
Who we are:
ARI (Applied Research Institute, Inc. d/b/a Indiana Innovation Institute) works with academia, industry, and government to create a hub of national security innovation that helps solve critical defense priorities. ARI connects regional, state and national partners through a variety of means including convening research and business teams to solve emerging technical challenges for the U.S. Department of Defense. Learn more at www.ari-tech.org and follow us on Twitter @IN3indiana and LinkedIn.
Required (or Preferred) Qualifications to Apply:
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance or other government agency equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience working in an accounting role in an office environment, experience with the Federal Government or a contractor to the Federal Government preferred
- Experience with accounting systems, experience with Federal Government Cost Accounting and/or Deltek Costpoint greatly preferred
- BS degree in accounting, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience (AS and 5 or more years’ experience is acceptable)
- CPA preferred
IN3 rewards successful contributors and delivers a high level of job satisfaction. Additional benefits include:
- A highly competitive salary
- 401k (IN3 provides 5% non-elective Employee Eligible Compensation, as well as providing an elective Safe Harbor match of up to 4% of Employee Contribution)
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage. IN3 pays 90% of plan costs for individuals and 80% for families
- Employer-provided short-term, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 4 weeks PTO to start, 5 weeks after 2 years consecutive employment
- 14 company holidays
E-mail your resume and cover letter to HR@in3indiana.com. Please note position number H23-001 in the subject line of your e-mail. Please direct all questions on the position to Krista Cloutier at HR@in3indiana.com.