Chief Contracting Officer
Position Number: H20-006
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Director of Business Operations
Job description and what you’ll do:
The Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3) is seeking a dynamic and innovative contracting professional to act as IN3’s Chief Contracting Officer. You will be responsible for the negotiation and administration of contracts with IN3’s client base. However, your day-to-day research administration duties may involve actions throughout the project life cycle: serving as a business advisor for contracting in the business development stage, proposal management, contract negotiation, contract administration and close-out.
Who you are:
You’re a person with a customer-centric attitude towards contracting, you understand how to get everyone at the table to “yes,” and the numerous paths that could be taken to get there. You’ve had experience working with teams that have a variety of stakeholders (i.e. government, university, industry… or a combination). You’ve worked with federal government clients to figure out contract pathways and successfully negotiated and administered them. You’ve worked with the non-traditional contracting methods (OTAs, PIAs, etc.), but are also skilled in traditional FAR-based contracting.
We’re a startup. You’re OK with being the first person in this position and are ready and able to build or improve the systems and processes we need to be lean, efficient, and effective. You’re also OK with jumping in and helping work through any Business Operations problem… because it’s all about getting the customer – and our warfighter – what they need to be successful.
You see the contracting process as a critical component of the product development life cycle and have enough technical acumen to act as a partner to technical subject matter experts to help them build successful technical programs even when the contracting pathways are not clear. Your work ethic, business acumen and capability to successfully solve complex problems are ultimately more important than your educational level, but a good understanding of both traditional and non-traditional government contracting practice is critical.
Who we are:
The Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3) is a non-profit applied research institute that brings together leaders from Indiana government, the state’s largest military asset, industry and research universities to facilitate and manage collaborative research teams to address critical national security challenges. Work conducted through IN3 accelerates technology commercialization and supports economic prosperity across Indiana with a specific focus on the Indiana Uplands. As a well-funded start-up, we are seeking team members to grow the organization and establish the vision that will ensure its prosperity. The position will be based in the state of Indiana. More information on IN3 may be found at https://in3.wpengine.com.
Required Qualifications to Apply:
- United States Citizenship
- Knowledge and experience working with DoD programs and processes, particularly non-traditional government contracting. Experience working in a start-up and/or with institutions of higher education and industry highly preferred.
- Ability to obtain a Government Security Clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- BS degree
IN3 rewards successful contributors and delivers a high level of job satisfaction. We can assure you it won’t be boring. Additional benefits include:
- A highly competitive salary
- 401k (IN3 provides 5% non-elective Employee Eligible Compensation, as well as providing an elective Safe Harbor match of up to 4% of Employee Contribution)
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage. IN3 pays 90% of plan costs for individuals and 80% for families
- Employer-provided short-term, long-term disability, and life insurance
- 4 weeks PTO to start, 5 weeks after 2 years consecutive employment
- 14 company holidays
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work from home when appropriate
E-mail your resume and cover letter to HR@in3indiana.com. Please note position number H20-001 in the subject line of your e-mail. Please direct all questions on the position to Leslie Wolfe at HR@in3indiana.com.