Position: Facility Security Officer
Position Number: H19-001
Status: Full-Time (Exempt)
Reports to: Director, Business Operations
The Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3) is on the move, and we need great people to help us continue our great growth path. We’re looking for a Facility Security Officer to help us build compliant systems to allow us to be the best partner to the Government. Collaboration is our number one priority, so we’re looking for someone who understands the system in order to get people the information they need in a compliant, secure, and safe manner.
Who We Are:
The Indiana Innovation Institute (IN3) is a non-profit applied research institute that brings together top leaders from government, the Indiana’s largest military asset, industry and research universities to facilitate and manage collaborative research teams to pursue major federal grants and contracts and perform corporate-sponsored research in participants’ areas of technical expertise. IN3’s focus is on: trusted microelectronics technology and security; multi-spectral data fusion and security (cyber); high density power storage and management; and advanced material science. Work conducted through IN3 accelerates technology commercialization that supports economic prosperity across Indiana with a specific focus on Southwest Central Indiana.
IN3 collaborates with Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division (NSWC Crane), Purdue University, Indiana University, the University of Notre Dame and industry, in developing a set of unique technologies, capabilities and processes that support the DoD in establishing and maintaining a supply of Trusted and Assured Microelectronics for the sustainment and development of DoD systems.
As a well-funded start-up, we are seeking founding team members to grow the organization and establish the vision that will ensure its prosperity. The position will be based in Odon, Ind., with some travel required to our offices in Bloomington, Ind., and Indianapolis, Ind.
More information on IN3 may be found at https://in3indiana.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an approved Security Program and is the primary interface with the Defense Security Services (DSS). This includes directing and advising IN3 personnel regarding security regulations and procedures, preparing for and performing audits.
- Manage and maintain required documentation and databases for both internal use and distribution.
- Develop, implement, and maintain procedures for handling of classified information. Investigate and perform corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensure adherence to regulations for generation, transfer, storage and handling of classified materials. Complete self-inspections and audit/assessments.
- Assist with designing, implementing, and conducting periodic security training, briefings, and education programs.
- Develop and maintain processes/procedures for export-controlled information.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of security equipment, alarms, and access control system.
Who You Are:
We’re looking for someone who can get results in a fast-paced, but unstructured, environment. You have the skills and experience to build a compliant and robust, but nimble and flexible, government contractor security system from the ground-up. You’re able to work closely with numerous stakeholders, including Government managers, program personnel, and industry partners.
- United States Citizenship
- Active Secret level clearance. Ability to obtain Top Secret/Secure Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance as required
- 3-5 years high-level security experience in DoD/military installations or overseeing a National Industrial Security Program in a government contractor’s facility
- Strong working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program (NISP) and use of the National Industrial Security Program Operation Manual (NISPOM) as it pertains to cleared contractor facilities
- In depth knowledge of Communication Security (COMSEC), Operational Security (OPSEC), and Physical Security
- Expert in utilizing Joint Personnel Adjudicative System (JPAS), Industrial Security Facilities Database (ISFD), and Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (e-QIP).
- Certifications for the FSO course via the Defense Security Service (DSS) distance learning program
- Familiar with Government contracting requirements as related to Security
- Top Secret/Secure Compartmentalized Information (TS/SCI) clearance issued within the past five years prior to start date
- Experience with construction/accreditation of a Secure Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF)
IN3 is building a highly productive work environment that rewards successful contributors and delivers a high level of job satisfaction. We can assure you it won’t be boring. Additional benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
E-mail your resume and cover letter to Leslie Wolfe, Director of Business Operations, at email@example.com. Please note position number H19-001 in the subject line of your e-mail. Please direct all questions on the position to Leslie Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.